The Heart of Thanksgiving
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:12-17 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
The Heart of Gratitude
1. Be different (vs 12)
– the world has a picture of what life is supposed to be like, God’s plan is different
2. Be caring (vs 13-14)
– the world is hurting, make a difference
– help one another
– forgive one another
– love one another
3. Be together (vs 15)
– peace and thankfulness go together
4. Be consistent (vs 16-17)
– have a heart of gratitude to God for all He has done
– let your life be a picture of gratitude in how you act, serve, live