Hebrews 3:12–13 (HCSB) Watch out, brothers, so that there won’t be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart that departs from the living God. 13 But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin’s deception.
1. Spiritual Awareness In An Ungodly World
Vs 12a Watch out, brothers, so that there won’t be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart
- We are living in a dangerous time in history
- Apathy towards, or ignorance of, God’s Word during these days can only result in a negative heart change
2. A Breaking Away From God
Vs 12b …that departs from the living God.
- A lack of intentionality as it relates to our faith will lead to moving away from God
- Humans don’t naturally drift towards righteousness
3. Better Together
Vs 13 But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin’s deception.
- Corrie Ten Boom said, “When a Christian shuns fellowship with other Christians, the devil smiles. When he stops studying the Bible, the devil laughs. When he stops praying, the devil shouts for joy.”
- Gene Getz stated, “Though true Christianity uniquely involves a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, it is also a corporate experience…Christians cannot grow spiritually as they ought to in isolation from one another.”
Acts 2:46–47 (HCSB) Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple complex, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with a joyful and humble attitude, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to them those who were being saved.