Pastor Jonathan Falwell
As we come to the end of 2015 and are just days away from the beginning of 2016, I thought it would be a perfect time for us to once again rehearse the elements of strong Christian living. We’ve been talking this month about living generously, all of this is predicated upon having a faith that is strong, a process that is practiced, a faith that is tested, and belief that is strong. Today, I want to give you a practical checklist to ensure a strong Christian walk in 2016.
1. Spend Time In The Word
Your word is a lamp to my feet, And a light to my path.
– God’s Word is the light you will need to navigate the darkness of this world
– God’s Word will keep you in the right place in your relationship with Him
– God’s Word will change you daily as you spend time reading
2. Communicate With Him
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”
“And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
How To Pray 15 Minutes A Day
d. Pray for Others
e. Pray for Self
3. Have A Spirit of Repentance
2 Pet. 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
– Never let unconfessed sin remain present in your lives
– Make sure your sin is constantly moving
– Don’t be content or complacent with your sin
4. Find A Place To Serve
You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
– Doing the work of God will be a catalyst to being the man (or woman) of God He wants you to be
– Letting your faith become stagnant will keep you from experiencing God’s best
5. Take Advantage of Opportunities to Share
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”
– Never discount or dismiss God’s call on your life
– Always be ready to share your story with others
1. Read God’s Word Daily
2. Pray At Least 15 Minutes Daily
3. Have A Heart of Repentance
4. Find A Place To Serve Now
5. Look For Opportunities to Share Your Faith