Are You Ready To Go Public?
If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and have committed your life to follow him, you are ready to be baptized!
There are 3 reasons we encourage students at PowerSource to get baptized…
1. Obedience – In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus instructed the church to make disciples of all nations and to baptize them. Baptism is not a requirement for salvation and does not secure for us a place in heaven, but it is the very first step of obedience for a Christ follower.
2. Identification – Baptism gives you an opportunity to go public with your new identity as a Christ follower. Anytime a significant milestone happens in our lives, we announce it, and baptism gives us an opportunity to announce the most important decision we will ever make – to follow Jesus as our Lord and Savior.http://new.trbc.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=2947&action=edit#
3. Illustration – The act of baptism illustrates Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection and also gives a picture of the work that Jesus did in our lives. Colossians 2:12 talks about how our sinful nature was put to death and we were raised to walk in new life.
We baptize people at our church on most Sundays during the 11:00am service. If you are interested in getting baptized, we want to celebrate with you! Please email us by clicking on the “contact us” button on the main page of our website. Please let us know the following…
1. A Sunday coming up that you might be available. If you would like to be baptized by one of the Youth Pastors, or another just let us know and we will let you know the next time he is scheduled to baptize.
2. If you attend a Wednesday night Life Group, please let us know what group you are in and/or your group team leader. We want to invite your entire group to be there to celebrate with you.
Things to Remember
Once your day is scheduled, here is a short list of things to remember…
- Be sure to pack a dark shirt and dark shorts to wear underneath your baptism robe, a plastic bag for your wet clothes and a towel.
- Check-in begins at 10:30am on Sunday morning outside the baptistry in the balcony of the Main Auditorium. You will be asked to give some basic information, including a brief testimony of when you trusted in Jesus as your Savior.
- Baptisms usually occur near the beginning of the 11:00am service. Families are invited to stay in the baptistry with their loved ones or may watch from the auditorium.
- A photo and certificate signed by Pastor Jonathan and the Pastor who baptizes as well as a DVD of the service will be available within a few weeks after your baptism.
We look forward to celebrating with you!